Monday, March 7, 2011

Presently Present.

Ugh. I am not feeling well. I have some sort of sinus thing that came on late yesterday afternoon. Rotten headache and really zapped. I called in sick to myself today. I feel bad that I am not getting anything done. Normally, I would power through it, but I know that usually just makes it last longer. So here I am...sitting here.

I poked around on Etsy and looked for fresh ideas. I saw a lot of people ripping each other off, actually. Some days I think I would love to be able to post something new in my shop everyday and be some sort of Etsy success story. Quit you day job, join us. The fact is, it takes a lot of time to make the things that I make, so this is never going to happen for me. I am trying to be more okay with where I am at.

I am not exactly patient. Fact, I am working on a nice commission. Fact, it's going to occupy 4-6 weeks of my time. Fact, it will bring in some money. Fact, it has been fun to document because I like to watch the progress. That's it, that's exactly where I am at.

Lent begins this week. I always give something up, like sweets. Usually, it makes no difference, because I just wind up replacing sweets with popcorn and it all evens itself out. One year I gave up cussing, and that actually stuck. Now I say stuff like Holy Hannah! Jeepers creepers! Which is a good thing, the kids actually ask me if jeepers creepers is a naughty word Ha! This year, I am going to give up believing the grass is greener somewhere else. This year, I will work on realizing where I am right now, and that it is good.

3 comments:

  1. My bride came down with that same thing yesterday. She came home from work around 2, today, which just never happens with her. It is just so hard being a girl!

    From my lengthy experience, the grass is greenest right where you are standing. Its just very hard for people to accept that.

    I had an etsy sale last night!

    I think for Lent I'm giving up commenting on facebook and blogs........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the sale! I am having a bit of a dry spell. Hope your wife feels better. I am just so beat. Tomorrow is another day. I would be bummed if you stopped commenting. It's nice to know people are out there. And good news is always good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there goes another resolution..!! :)

    ReplyDelete