Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Goings Ons

These past couple of weeks have been so full. I would like to take a moment to talk about what has been going on.



Firstly, I submitted a pedestal table into the Ozaukee County Art Show at the Cedarburg Cultural Center. It was the first piece of furniture that I have entered into any show, since my senior year of college. I was nervous, excited, anxious, hopeful, doubtful...the list goes on and on. But what happened was shocking. Someone bought the table before the show even opened. There are so many words I could use to describe I felt, but most of all, I felt grateful, elated, and vindicated.



I have recently taken a huge step back to figure out what direction to grow in as an artist. Selling that table meant that I know without a doubt that I am heading in the right direction! It was inspiring and awesome and magnificent! and I am on top of the world!



The next thing I have been working on is reinventing my Etsy store. The first time I tried this was just kind of blah. I had high hopes, but it never really went anywhere. I have decided to give it another shot, but this time look at it differently. Basically, it is a way for people to see the work, get an idea of my pricing, and contact me. Another little something for folks to check in on every once in a while.



I am trying to work harder on self promotion. If you don't tell anyone what you are doing, how else are they going to know? At first, I thought, does anyone give a rat's patoot? But now I realize, no one does unless you show it to them. So if you have time, check out the Etsy site. If you want to read about the trials and tribulations of trying to build a small business, read the blog. And if you just want to drop me a note, become my friend on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. How does one become your facebook friend..??

    ReplyDelete